Consider the following scenario:
1. Navigate to Transactions > Purchases > Enter Bills.
Date = 1/15/2010
Period = Jan 2010
Telephone Expense = 5000
2. Create another Bill with the same amount except the Date and Period belong to June 2010.
3. Navigate to Transactions > Financial > Create Allocation Schedules.
Name = XXX
Next Date = 6/30/2010
Frequency = Annually
Source tab: Telephone Expense
Department / Location / Class = Any
Telephone Expense, Department = A , 50%
Telephone Expense, Department = B , 50%
4. Click Save.
5. Click Create Journal Entry.
At that point, only bills created for the month of June appear. There will be no journal entry for January Bill.
To create a current date allocation journal entry for the prior month expenses,
1. Navigate to Transactions > Financial > Create Allocation Schedules > List.
2. Click Edit next to the allocation schedule.
3. Click History tab.
4. Click Add Custom Allocation.
5. Set the Period to Jan 2010.
6. Set the Date to June 30, 2010.
7. Click Save.
8. Click Create Journal Entry.
Note: As a result, the system will create a journal entry for the prior period (Jan 2010) transaction with a date of June 30, 2010.