Problem/Business Requirement/Unique Question:
Editing Job generates an error "Permission Violation: this customer or lead does not belong to your group" due to Employee Restriction set
Symptoms/Details of Business Requirements/Any Additional Information:
· A user which is a Sales rep, using an existing Sales Center role with Employee Restriction set to Own & Subordinates only is trying to edit a Job but the system does not allow this as he is not the sales rep nor included on the sales team for the customer.
· Customer is pointing out that the error description pertains to the Customer or Lead and not to the Job/Projects. Some of their sales rep is given the ability to edit the Job Record for some values such as the fields on the Info tab.
· This Sales Rep should still have no permission to edit the Customer or Lead Record belonging to other sales rep.
· Sales Center Role: Employee Restrictions = Own & Subordinate Only; Allow Viewing = T
· Enhancement 184777, List> Relationship> Jobs> Edit Jobs> Permission Violation: "Permission Violation: this customer or lead does not belong to your group": Capability to edit jobs/projects even if the user does not have permission to access Customer Record is also logged for this
· Using Administrator role or its equivalent permission, create and assign another role for the sales rep where the Employee Restriction is None – no default and limit the permission level given to the Customer or if possible remove the list but Job should have a Full or Edit permission.
1. Navigate to Setup> User/Roles> Manage Roles> Customize a Sales Center or any other preferred center roles
2. Employee Restriction = None – no default (you also have an option to make Allow Viewing = T)
3. Navigate to Permissions> Lists> look for Customer, you have an option to limit the level until View only or you have option to remove this, so that sales rep will not be able to edit the Customer record that does not belong to the him/her.
4. Save and navigate to List> Relationships> Employee> select the Sales Rep> Access tab> add the new role created above.