To approve time for roles assigned to a subsidiary, with Intercompany Time and Expense feature not enabled, users expect to view lists that only belong to their own subsidiary.
To illustrate, consider the following:
1. Navigate to Setup > Accounting > Accounting Preferences.
2. Click Time & Expenses tab.
3. Check Require Approvals on Time Records.
4. Click Save.
5. Navigate to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles.
6. Customize a System Administrator role.
- Provide Full permission for Time Tracking
- Select a subsidiary on Subsidiaries field - e.g. US Subsidiary
- Employee Restrictions = none - no default
- Department Restrictions = none - no default
- Product Restriction = none - no default
- Location Restriction = none - no default
- Sales Role = To be marked
- Support Role = To be marked
7. Assign the role to an employee under US Subsidiary.
8. Create time tracking for an employee under a different subsidiary. e.g. UK Subsidiary
9. Login to the custom System Administrator role.
10.Navigate to Transactions > Employees > Approve Time.
Notice that the Time Tracking of UK Employee displays on the list.
To view only employees under the custom role's own subsidiary (i.e US Subsidiary) , perform the following:
1. Navigate to Lists > Employees > Employees.
2. Under Human Resources tab, set the Time Approver of each employee.
3. On the custom System Administrator role, set the Employee Restriction field to Own and Subordinates Only.
At this point, if users navigate to Transactions > Employees > Approve Time, only time entries belonging to US Subsidiary are listed.
Note: For OneWorld expense/time approval, it should ignore the subsidiary. i.e "Class, Department, Location and Subsidiary should not be considered for approval.