When editing journal entries, users are unable to save the changes due to an error message "The account (##) is an inactive account....".
The number (##) provided is not the account number on the Chart of Accounts rather an internal ID.
To correct, perform the following:
- Navigate to Home > Set Preferences > General.
- On Defaults portlet under General tab, mark Show Internal IDs.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to Lists > Accounting > Accounts.
- Click Show Inactives.
- Locate for Internal ID as displayed in the error message.
- If users need to enter or edit a journal entry using the said account, activate them same. To activate click Edit next to the account to uncheck the Inactive checkbox or clear the Inactive checkbox next to the account.