1. Negative Sales Tax amounts arising from Credit Memo, Cash Refund, Customer Refund and Credit Card Refund are not reflected on the Pay Sales Tax screen (Transactions > Bank > Pay Sales Tax)
2. Enhancement 36901 caters for the functionality to show the negative sales tax payable coming from Credit Memo, Cash Refund, Customer Refund and Credit Card Refund
1. Input the tax amounts associated to Credit Memo, Cash Refund, Customer Refund, and Credit Card Refund on the ADJUSTMENT column of each Tax Item on the Pay Sales Tax Screen.
2. There should be positive Sales Tax amounts per Tax Item that are due for payment to deduct these negative amounts from.
3. If not all the Tax items are available, user can also lump all the amounts in one tax item that is available on the Pay Sales Tax screen since they will all be paid in one Tax Agency anyway.
For example California State Board of Equalization as long as the amount of negative sales tax will NOT result in a negative tax payment
4. Wait for the tax item to have a positive Amount Due from future sales transactions to deduct these negative amounts from.
5. Create a saved search to determine the amount of negative Sales taxes from the given transaction types above:
----1. Navigate to Transactions > Management > Saved Searches > New
----2. Select Transaction
----3. On the Criteria tab > Please add:
Account = select all SALES TAX PAYABLE account eg. Sales Taxes Payable NY, Sales Taxes Payable CA
Type = is any of Credit Memo, Cash Refund, Customer Refund, Credit Card Refund, Journal
----4. On the Results tab > please Click Remove All and add the following fields, with the following Summary Type
----A. Date, summary type = Group
----B. Name, summary type = Group
----C. Number, summary type = Group
----D. Type, summary type = Group
----E. Tax Item, summary type = Group
----F. Amount (Debit), summary type = Sum
----5. Name the search
----6. Save and Run the search
Note: Sales Tax Payments and Check Payments also generate Negative Sales Taxes Payable and should be excluded.