In scenarios where users have identified that a certain IP address is creating fraudulent transaction on the Web Store, user can create a script that will block a certain IP address from checking out.
Follow steps below:
I. Create a Web Site Tag
1. Navigate to Setup> Site Builder > Tags > New
2. Set the following:
Description: Tag used to block a certain IP address from being able to order online
Default Value : Leave this field blank
II. Assign the tag to the Addition to <head> section
1. Navigate to Setup > Site Builder > Set up Web Site > Analytics tab
2. On the Addition to <head> field add the tag created in Step I
Note: Enter it in this format: <BLOCKIP>
III. Assign the substitution on the Checkout process.
1. Navigate to List > Website > Tabs > Checkout
2. Select the Tag Substitution subtab
3. On the Tag Column select BLOCKIP
4. On the Substitution value, add the code below:
Note: User can easily modify the actions that the script will do once it detects that IP address that will be restricted to purchase from the store.
Post a Comment