Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Transaction Body Fields > New
2. Name your custom field (e.g. Transaction Link)
3. Set Type as List/Record
4. Set List/Record to Transaction
5. Go to the Apllies to tab and place checkmark on transaction (e.g. Sale) to apply to
6. Go to the Display tab and set Subtab to Main
7. Click Save and Apply to Forms
8. Click Ok
9. Go to transaction form. Go to Transactions > Sales > Enter Sales Orders
10. Use dropdown on Transaction Link (custom field created)
11. Notice other transactions have a format of Type: Number
12. Look for customer payment transactions. Notice Customer Payment has Type: mm/dd/yyyy instead.
Sourcing Transactions have a format of Transaction Type : Number. Dates are used if a transaction number is unavailable. Customer Payments are not numbered.
You may also notice Bill Payments that show as Bill Payment #to ACH as these bills were paid using ACH.
Enhancement 81433 was created to address customer payments ability to be numbered.
Post a Comment