User would like to create a link to an Email Template so that user can just click the link from a custom tab and link will activate to allow the user to enter the recipient email address before sending the email. The messages will be stored to a specific Employee record.
To accomplish this, perform the following steps:
1. Navigate to Home > Set Preferences > General tab > Defaults section to check Show Internal IDs.
2. Click Save.
3. Navigate to Lists > Employees > Employees.
4. Take note of the Internal ID of the Employee record where you want the message to be stored.
5. Navigate to Documents > Templates > Email Templates.
6. Take note of the Internal ID of the Email Template you want to use.
7. Navigate to Customization > Centers and Tabs > Center Links.
8. Provide a Label (e.g. New Email Message).
9. For the URL, use the format below:
Where: xxx is the Internal ID of the Employee record in Step# 4 and yyy is the Internal ID of the Template in Step#6.
10. Click Save.
11. Navigate to Customization > Centers and Tabs > Center Categories > New.
11. Set the Center Type, Section and Category Name. Under the Values tab > Link column, select the Center link created in Step# 8.
12. Click Save.