Scenario: User would like to send a Welcome Email to new Employee with details on how to login to Open Air for the first time.
Solution: In NetSuite, users can only send notification to new Employees if they have been given Access to login to the system by marking the Send Notification Email checkbox on the Access tab (to send an automatic e-mail notifying this employee of access privileges to NetSuite).
As an alternate solution, users may want to use the Email Alert for Saved Searches. Create an Employee Saved Search that would fire out an Email Alert when new Employee Record is created. To do this:
1. Navigate to Lists > Search > Saved Searches > New.
2. Select Employee as the Search Type.
3. Enter value for Search Title (e.g. Employee Saved Search with Welcome Email Alert).
4. Under Results tab, add the necessary Employee fields but make sure Email field is included.
5. Under Email tab, mark Send Email Alerts When Records are Created/Updated.
6. Email tab > Recipients from Results sub tab > add Email field.
7. Email tab > Customize Message sub tab > Unmark Include View Record Link and then enter values for the following:
- Subject field
- Message field (Enter the Welcome message here)
8. Click Save and Run.
To test, create a test employee record with a valid email address to see the welcome email.