User wants to create a custom field on the Customer record that displays the Date of the Last Message sent from the record. They can choose to create a search and display the last messages of a group of customers (Option A) or create a custom field in the customer records (Option B) that displays the date of the last message sent to that customer
Option A. Create a Customer Saved Search.
1. Navigate to Lists > Search > Saved Searches > New.
2. Select Customer.
3. In the Results tab, add Messages: Date and set the Summary Type to Maximum.
4. Name set Summary Type to Group.
5. In the Available Filters tab, add Internal ID.
6. Provide a Title and click on Save.
Option B. Create a Custom Entity Field.
1. Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Entity Fields > New.
2. Provide a name (example: Last Message Date).
3. Set the Type to Free-Form Text.
4. Set the Store Value to False.
5. In the Applies To tab, mark Customer.
6. In the Display tab, select Main subtab.
7. In the Validation & Defaulting tab and select the name of the saved search created above in the Search dropdown.
8. Click on Save.
Note: This also applies to other records like Contacts, Employees and Transactions records like Estimates and Sales Orders.
Post a Comment