In order to issue a check to a credit balance of a customer, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Transactions > Customers > Issue Customer Refund.
2. In the Customer field = select the customer name that needs to be refunded.
3. In the Account field = select the bank account where the refund will be taken from.
4. Check the box for To Be Printed.
5. In the Apply tab > check the Deposit or Credits that has to be refunded.
6. In the Refund Method tab > Refund Method field = select Check.
Note: If we set a value in the Check # field, automatically the box for To Be Printed will be unset. This is because NetSuite assumes that there is no need to print a check anymore.
7. Fill out other mandatory fields > hit Save button.
8. To print a check for the refund:
a. Navigate to Transactions > Management > Print Checks and Forms.
b. Click on Checks.
c. In the Print Checks page > Account field = select the bank account for the refund.
d. Check the box for Print in line with the Customer Refund created above.
Note: NetSuite automatically assigns a check number based on the last sequence. We may still opt to override this by putting a different value in the First Check Number field.
e. Hit Print button.