The Cost Estimate Type may vary per Sales Order or per Item, thus, the Est. Gross Profit earned will also change.
To determine the most recent Sales Order created for every item and its related Est. Gross Profit, we may do the following:
1. Navigate into Reports > Saved Searches > All Saved Searches > New.
2. Select Transaction from the list.
3. Enter a title for the search in the Search Title field.
4. In the Criteria tab > Standard subtab > set the following filters:
---- Type = is Sales Order
---- Tax Line = is false
---- Shipping Line = is false
---- Main Line = is false
5. In the Results tab, add the following Columns and Summary Types:
---- Item >> Summary Type = Group >> Summary Label = Item
---- Date >> Summary Type = Maximum >> Summary Label = Date of Most Recent SO
---- Est. Gross Profit (Line) >> Summary Type = Maximum >> When Ordered By Field = Date
6. Hit Save and Run.