User creates a custom field with Type = Document set as Private. The restriction applies to custom field of Document type.
This can be tested by doing the following:
I. Create a Document Folder and upload a file to that folder.
1. Navigate to Documents > File > File Cabinet > New.
2. Give the document folder a name (e.g. Restricted Folder).
3. Set Private= T.
4. Click Save.
- Upload the newly created document folder; upload a file by clicking on the Add File button (e.g. A file named Sample_file.docx is uploaded in the File Cabinet)
II. Create a custom field with Type= Document and apply that to show on record type= Sales.
1. Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Transaction Body Fields > New.
2. Give it a name (e.g. Document Folder).
3. In Type field, select Document
4. Store Value= T.
5. In Applies To, set Sale= T
6. Click Save.
If the user (who is not the owner of the Document folder created above) logs to NetSuite with a custom role > Open a Sales Form > Locate the custom body field and search for Sample_file.docx > user gets No Match.