This scenario can be resolved by doing the steps below:
I. Create an Opportunity saved search.
1. Navigate to Reports > Saved Searches > All Saved Searches > New.
2. Click Opportunity.
3. In the Criteria tab, add the filters below:
• System Notes : Field is Opportunity Checkbox
• System Notes : New Value is T
4. In the Results tab, do the following:
• In the Sort By field, add System Notes : Date.
• In the Columns tab, add the fields below:
- System Notes : Date Maximum
5. In the Available Filters tab, add this filter below:
• Internal ID
6. Click Save & Run.
II. Create a custom body field.
1. Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Transaction Body Fields > New.
2. Give it a name (e.g. Timestamp)
3. Type= Free-Form Text.
4. Store Value= F.
5. In the Applies To tab, set Opportunity= T.
6. In the Display tab, set Subtab= Main.
7. In the Validation & Defaulting tab, select the Opportunity saved search(created in Step I) in the Search field.
8. Click Save.
If the user attempts to create a dummy Opportunity Record, check the custom field with Type= Checkbox > The system should be able to populate the time stamp when this field was checked.