The User Notes sublist holds static data and cannot be manipulated via the available Sublist APIs. It is however possible to create a user note and attach it to an existing record by SuiteScript.
This can be accomplished by using the following steps:
- Create a new record of type note:
var rec = nlapiCreateRecord('note');
- Set at least the following values:
- recordtype : internal id of the type of record,
- record : internal id of the record to which the note will be attached,
- note : the value which the Memo field will contain.
rec.setFieldValue('note','This is a note');
- Submit the created record: