The steps below aims to remove all the Components currently reflected on the Item Group and replace it with the Components that are provided on the CSV file.
A. Prepare the CSV file for the import. The CSV file should contain the Internal ID of the Item record, the Member Item/s and the Member Quantity.
B. Perform the import.
1. Navigate to Setup > Import/Export > Import CSV Records
Import Type = Items
Record Type = Item Group
2. Click Select, choose the file for the import and click Next.
3. Set Data Handling to Update, open the Advanced Options and put a check mark on Overwrite Sublists
4. Click Next
5. Map the following fields:
Internal ID = Internal ID
Member Item = Members : Item
Member Quantity = Members : Quantity
Note: Set Choose Reference Type to Internal ID if the Internal ID of the Item was used to reference the Member Item/s.
6. Click Next
7. Enter an Import Map Name and click Save & Run or simply click Run.
Note: Once done with the import process, check on the Item record and it should have the Components that were provided on the CSV file.