Users would like to assign an Employee to a Contact record similar to assigning a sales rep to a customer record. Since the Assigned To field is not available in the Contact record, users can create a custom field which allows users to assign Employees to each Contact.
To achieve this result, please see the steps below.
1. Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Entity Fields > New.
2. In the Label field, users can enter Assigned To for example.
3. In the Type dropdown field, select List/Record.
4. In the List/Record dropdown field, select Employee.
5. In the Applies To tab, mark the Contact box.
6. In the Display tab > Subtab field, select Main.
7. Click Save.
On Contact record the user can now see a field called Assigned To where the user can select the name of the Employee.
Post a Comment