If the Payroll feature is enabled, users who have access to employee records can view the employees' payroll information via the Payroll subtab.
To restrict non-Administrators from viewing payroll information of employees but still allow them to access other information about the employees, a custom form can be set up where Payroll subtab is hidden. This custom form should also be locked so users will not be able to switch to other employee forms.
To set up the form:
1. Navigate to Customization > Forms > Entry Forms.
2. Edit/Customize the preferred employee form.
3. Uncheck the Form is Preferred checkbox.
4. Under Subtabs, uncheck the Show checkbox for Payroll.
5. Under Roles tab, mark the Preferred box for roles that must be restricted from accessing employee payroll information.
6. Under Fields tab > Main subtab, uncheck the Show checkbox for Custom Form. This will prevent users from switching to another form where Payroll tab might be visible.
7. Click Save.