See the processes when the workflow is triggered and an email with PDF attachment is sent to a customer:
Bill Sales Orders - when you submit this process, an invoice is automatically created and email is sent to a customer.
Invoice - when invoice is created, an email is sent to a customer.
Cash Sale - when cash sale is created, an email is sent to a customer.
The workflow will be restricted and it will be triggered only at the time when a specific employee/user perform Bill Sales Orders, create Invoice or Cash Sale process.
- As the Administrator go to the Customization > Scripting > Workflow > New.
- In the Basic Information section:
- Provide a Name
- Record Type = Transaction
- Sub Types = Cash Sale, Invoice
- Release Status = Testing; When a workflow is in testing mode, only the workflow "owner" can initiate the workflow on a record.
- Enable "Execute as Admin" check box.
- Trigger On = After Record Submit
- Event Type = Create
Now, when you perform billing process or create Invoice or Cash Sale, an email with attached PDF transaction will be received by customer with sales rep's email from address. Please note that in the case of Cash Sale, it's necessary to disable "Email To" checkbox for a Cash Sale record as well as for an Invoice record.