Enhancement 158362 - Ability to set a default discount item on customer's record.
The alternate solution would be to create a Term and apply it to the Customer:
- Navigate to Setup > Accounting > Accounting Lists.
- Change Type to Term.
- Click on New.
- Enter a name in Terms.
- Select STANDARD.
- Enter a value in % Discount.
- Leave Days Till Net Due and Days Till Discount Expires blank.
- Click on Save.
- Navigate to the Customer record.
- Edit the record, under Financial tab, select the newly created Term.
- Save the changes.
Moving forward, whenever this customer is selected on a New Payment page, under Apply > Invoices subtab, the Disc. Avail. column will always be populated with a discount amount and Disc. Date field will always be empty.