For the moment it is not possible to change the order of Vendor details on a Purchase Order, and this is related to Enhancement number 84468 (Change order of address on Customers/Vendors/Employees records).
There is an alternate solution to this issue. Therefore, in order to display the Vendor details in a different order on a Purchase Order, follow these steps:
- Create custom Transaction Body Fields for each row you want to display (i.e. ZIP Code, Address 1, Address 2, etc.), and choose to display them on Purchase records.
- Go to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Transaction Body Fields > New (Administrator).
- In the "New Transaction Body Field" page, enter a name in the "Label" field.
- In the "Type" field, please choose the type of field you would like to create: Free-Form text, List/Record, etc.
- On the Applies To tab, choose the transaction type the field will be displayed on.
- On the Display tab, choose the subtab the field will appear on.
- The custom fields will source the information they will display from the "Vendor" record.
- On the Sourcing & Filtering tab, choose the "Source List" (Vendor), as well as the "Source From" (the field on the Vendor record from which the custom transaction body field is sourcing information - i.e. ZIP Code, Address 1, Address 2, etc.).
- These custom fields can be made invisible on the Purchase Order.
- Navigate to Customization > Forms > Transaction Forms
- Choose the Transaction form you are creating the fields for (Purchase Order).
- On the Screen Fields tab uncheck the Show check box next to the custom fields that were created before.
- Navigate to Customization > Forms > Transaction PDF Layouts and choose the Transaction PDF Layout used for the Transaction form you want to create.
- Add a Custom Element that will overwrite the existing Vendor details on the Purchase Order.
- More rows can be added by selecting them in the Choose Element(s) multi select field.
Please note that the order they will be displayed in is given by the order in which they are selected.
Post a Comment