If the tax group rate on a transaction does not match the rate on Setup > Accounting > Tax Groups, consider that it may be due to a manual change on the transaction rate.
- On Setup > Accounting > Tax Groups > GA_BUTTS CO_CXRZ_CXRY = 7%
- Tax group is composed of the following:
- GA_GA 4%
- GA_BUTTS CO 1 PCT 1%
- GA_CXRY 1%
- GA_CXRZ 1%
- Invoice has tax item GA_BUTTS CO_CXRZ_CXRY with rate of 9%
- GL impact shows a tax breakdown as follows:
- GA_GA 5.14%
- GA_BUTTS CO 1 PCT 1.29%
- GA_CXRY 1.29%
- GA_CXRZ 1.28%
The additional 2% may be computed as follows:
- GA_GA : 2% x 4/7 = 1.14%
- GA_BUTTS CO 1 PCT : 2% x 1/7 = .285%
- GA_CXRY : 2% x 1/7 = .285%
- GA_CXRZ : 2% x 1/7 = .285%
This results in increased rates for the tax codes as follows:
- GA_GA : 4% + 1.14% = 5.14%
- GA_BUTTS CO 1 PCT : 1% + .285% = 1.29%
- GA_CXRY : 1% + .285% = 1.29%
- GA_CXRZ : 1% + .285% = 1.28%
To prevent future occurrences where tax rate % does not agree with tax group/code setup, customize the form and select Display Type = Inline text for Tax Rate % field.
- Navigate to Customization > Forms > Transaction Forms.
- Click Edit or Customize next to the related form.
- Under Screen Fields tab and Items subtab, change Display Type of Tax Rate% field from Normal to Inline Text.
- Click Save.