If shipping cost is calculated as zero on a transaction notwithstanding the existence of a shipping address and assignment of correctly-set up Shipping Item integrated with FedEx, verify if the following symptoms concur:
- Under Setup > Accounting > Shipping > Preferences tab, the following are enabled:
- Third Party Billing
- Do not Charge Shipping on Third Party Billing Orders
- Navigate to Lists > Relationships > Customers. View the customer record. Under Financial tab, 3rd Party Billing Account Number is blank.
- If Do not Charge Shipping on Third Party Billing Orders is subsequently disabled, Shipping Cost returns a value other than zero.
To calculate for the Shipping Cost, perform the following:
- Navigate to Setup > Company > Company Information.
- Clear FedEx 3rd Party Billing Account Number field.
- Click Save.
- Revisit Setup > Accounting > Shipping > Preferences subtab.
- Enable Do not Charge Shipping on Third Party Billing Orders.
- Edit the related Sales order to calculate the Shipping Cost.