The user gets a CSV Response "You do not have permissions to set a value for element tranid due to one of the following reasons:
1) The field is read-only;
2) An associated feature is disabled;
3) The field is available either when a record is created or updated, but not in both cases.
User is importing new sales orders (or any transaction). When creating new sales order in the UI the Order # field has "To Be Generated" value. User uses a Saved CSV Import.
To resolve the problem we need to set the Ignore Read-Only Fields box to Yes.
1. Setup > Import/Export > Import CSV Records (or Saved CSV Imports if you have already a saved import).
2. Import Type = Transaction.
3. Record Type = Sales Order (or any other transaction).
4. Select the csv file. Below is a sample CSV File:
1,1019236 Angelina Jolie,widget,30
5. Click Next.
6. Data Handling = Add.
7. In the Advanced Options > make sure to place a check mark on Ignore Read-Only Fields checkbox (if this is not checked, you will receive the error).
8. Click Next.
9. Map the necessary fields including the Order # to the Order # field in NetSuite fields (if this is a Sales Order import).
10. Click Next.
11. Click Run.