The Billing Address in NetSuite for Employees record is labeled as Home. This can be verified by navigating to Lists > Employees > Employees > New. Click Home label under the Address tab to see the Field level Help.
Before proceeding to the Import process, consider the following:
1) To update existing address fields, include the Address ID on the .csv file. The ID is on the Employee Record under the Address tab > ID Column.
2) To create or add a new address, Address ID is not needed. NetSuite will automatically assign ID for the new address.
To import Home (Billing Address):
1: Navigate to Setup> Import/ Export> Import CSV Records
Import Type : Employees
Record Type : Employees
Select the file to be imported
2: Data Handling : Update
Click Advanced Options
Custom Form - Form used for Employee Records
Overwrite Sublists - mark only when completely replacing addresses
3: (Skipped, used when multiple files are imported)
4: Field Mapping
- Map Your Field for the Default Billing Address to Home
Ex: Default Billing Address (Your Field) = Address 1 : Home (NetSuite Field)
- Map the Address ID with ID
- Map other fields : Addressee, Attention, Address 1, City, State/Province, Zip...
- Important fields such as Internal ID or Employee ID are correctly mapped since this will be the reference of NetSuite for the record to be updated.
5: Save and Run