Since the Commit column on sales orders is not available via Mass Update in NetSuite, users may opt to perform CSV import to update the said field instead. Follow below steps:
1. Create a CSV file with the following columns headers:
a. Internal ID (of the sales order)
b. Line ID (of the specific line that you want to update)
2. Users may use the below saved search as template:
a. Navigate to Lists > Search > Saved Searches > New.
b. Choose Transaction as Search Type.
c. Under the Criteria tab, add the following filters:
i. Type: is Sales Order
ii. Main Line: is false
iii. Tax Line: is false
iv. Shipping Line: is false
d. Under the Results tab, add the following:
i. Internal ID
ii. Line ID
e. Preview the search and export to CSV.
3. To proceed with the import, navigate to Setup > Import/Export > Import CSV Records and set the following:
a. Import Type: Transactions
b. Record Type: Sales Order
c. Browse the file from the computer and click Next.
4. In the Data Handling, choose Update.
5. Map the following in the Field Mapping page:
a. Internal ID – Internal ID (Sales Order folder)
b. Line ID – Items : Line Id (Sales Order Items folder)
c. Commit – Items : Commit (Sales Order Items folder)
6. Click Next.
7. Enter an Import Map Name and click Save & Run.
It is recommended that users do a test import with one sales order before updating the rest of the sales orders.
Note: The above steps may be used to change the value of the Commit column to any value available in the Commit drop-down.