Instead of creating a user event script to display a button on a record, you can take advantage of the Workflow Manager to create the button and be redirected to a certain page in NetSuite.
1. Create a new workflow by navigating to Customization > Workflow > Workflows > New.
2. Define the workflow
a. Name = Go to a page on button click
b. Record Type = Transaction
c. Sub Types = Estimate
d. Release Status = Released
e. On Update = True
f. Trigger Type = Before Record Load
g. Click Save.
3. To add a workflow state, click New State and set Name = Button, then hit Save.
4. Click on the Button state and click New Action.
a. Select Add Button.
b. Trigger On = Before Record Load
c. Label = Approve
5. Click New State and set Name = Go To Page, then hit Save.
6. Click on the Go To Page state and click New Action.
a. Select Go To Page.
b. Trigger On = Entry
c. Page = Estimate
7. Create a new transaction. Select the Button state first. Click the New Transition button and then select the Go To Page state. On the transition, set the following:
- Button = Go To Page