Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Custom Field that Displays the Total Quantity on Hand of an Inventory Item Across All Locations
The user wants to display the total quantity on hand of items across all locations. This eliminates the process of adding up the values manually when viewing an item record.
A. Create a summary saved search of the On Hand field of the items.
1. Navigate to Lists > Search > Saved Searches > New > Item.
2. In the Criteria tab, add the appropriate filters (example: Type is Inventory Item).
3. In the Results tab, add On Hand field and set the Summary Type to Sum.
4. In the Available Filters tab, add Internal ID.
B. Create a custom item field that displays the value derived from the saved search.
1. Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Item Fields > New.
2. Set the Type to Free-Form Text.
3. Unmark the Store Value checkbox.
4. In the Applies To tab, select the item types where to add the custom field.
5. In the Validation & Defaulting tab, select the name of the saved search created above in the Search dropdown.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment