This article describes main differences and relation between functions ofApplication Navigation APIs.
- Retrieves content of specified URL and returns it as
- URL can be generated using
- Works in all types of scripts (behavior depends whether it is called from client-side or server-side script)
- Returns URL
stringcontaining link to NetSuite internal resource or to a Suitelet
- Works in all types of scripts
- Performs redirect to internal NetSuite resource or external URL
- This function is supported only in user-event scripts and Suitelets
- Typical usage is to redirect user to different page after record is saved
Detailed description of all functions can be found in the followingdocumentation article:
Application Navigation APIs (ID10246).