Creating CSV file for import
1. Navigate to Reports > Saved Searches > All Saved Searches > New > Customer.
2. Populate Search Title.
3. In Criteria subtab add selection criteria for Customers to be updated.
4. In Results subtab add new field: Partner.
5. Save & Run.
6. Click Export – CSV > Export – Microsoft Excel button and save the file.
7. Now open the file in Excel and edit it:
a. Update Partner column on those rows that should be updated in NetSuite (add Partner name that can be found on Partner record > Partner ID).
b. Remove all the other rows that should not be updated in NetSuite.
c. It is good approach to remove all the unnecessary columns and leaving just Internal ID (of the Customer) and the Partner Name.
d. Save the file into CSV format.
Updating Customers in NetSuite
1. Navigate to Setup > Import/Export > Import CSV Records.
2. Set Import Type: Relationships, Records Type: Customers Only.
3. Select the CSV File that has been created previously and click Next.
4. Select Data Handling: Update and click Next.
5. In Field mapping set this:
Internal ID <> Internal ID
Partner <> Partner
6. Do not add any other fields into the mapping. If there are more columns in the source CSV file remove them from mapping.
7. Click Next.
8. Click Run.