When creating Expense Reports/Time Tracking, instance where employee names do not appear. To list the employee name, perform the following:
1. Navigate to Lists > Employees > Employees.
2. Click View on the employee record and review the following fields:
- Inactive field
- Hire Date field
- Release Date field
3. On the main screen verify if Inactive field has a check mark. If so, this means that the employee is part of the inactivated records. If you need to create an Expense Report for the employee, you need to remove the check box on this field. If this employee record is meant to be inactivated you can return the inactive check mark after saving the expense report.
4. Click Human Resources tab and verify the following:
- Hire Date. The said field means the following:
- This is the date when the employee is hired
- If the hire date is a future date, you cannot create an expense report for that employee until that date. He is not yet considered by the system as an employee until the hire date.
- If you need to create an expense report for this employee, this field must contain a past or present date
- Release Date. The said field means the following:
- The release date is the person's last date of employment.
- If this field has a value this means that the employee is no longer employed with the company.
- If you need to create an expense report for a resigned employee you need to remove the Release Date on the employee record. You can enter it back after saving the Expense Report/Time Entry.