This can be done by adding the SQL formula below together with the Internal ID of the custom transaction body field with Type= Currency as a new custom element on the PDF Layout.
- XXX is the Field Name.
- YYY is the Field ID of the custom field.
I. Create a custom transaction body field with Type= Currency.
1. Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Transaction Body Fields > New.
2. Give it a name (e.g. Currency field (custom))
3. On Type= Currency.
4. Store Value= T
5. On Applies To tab, set Sale= T
6. Click Save.
II. Add a custom element on the Transaction Form PDF Layout.
1. Navigate to Customization > Forms > Transaction Form PDF Layout.
2. Click Customize on Standard Transaction Layout.
3. Click Add Custom Element.
4. On the Element Text field, add the SQL Formula below.
5. Click OK
Note: Place the custom element where you want it to show on the PDF Layout.
6. Click Save
- The user should now be able to see currency symbol right next to the custom field on the printed transaction using layout type= PDF.