The ability to customize the Component subtab of the Assembly Item to show the Cost is currently filed as Enhancement# 110714. For Assembly Items that have Costing Method set to Standard Costing, you can go to Lists>Accounting>Planned Standard Cost to know what has been rolled over to your Assembly Item. Another approach is to create a Sublist that shows the Cost of the Components.
A. Create a Saved Search to track Planned Standard Cost of the Components
- Navigate to Transactions>Management>Saved Searches>New.
- Select Planned Standard Cost.
- On the Results tab add Standard Cost Version, Component Item, Cost and Location.
- On the Available Filters add Item, Location (Show in Footer is checked) and Standard Cost Version (Show in Footer is checked).
- Check the following fields on the header: Public and Available as List View.
- Enter a Search Title and hit Save or Save and Run.
B. Create a Sublist
- Navigate to Setup>Customization>Sublists.
- Navigate to the Item subtab.
- On the Search column select the Saved Search created above.
- On the Label enter a custom label for the sublist.
- Select the Tab where the sublist will show.
- Check the Assembly/Bill of Materials box.
- Hit Save.
When a user opens the Assembly Item and go to the Sublist, the Component with the Component/Cost/Location/Standard Cost Version will appear. A user can then filter this by Standard Cost Version and Location.