The following factors can cause imbalance between the Forecast Amount and the Override Amount on a forecast for a sales rep:
- Change on the forecast amount (exiting transaction(s))
- Change on the Probability percentage (exiting transaction(s))
- Transactions deletion
- Change on Forecasting Preferences
The Override Amount is set as of the forecast amount at transaction record creation. Whereas, the Forecast amounts reflects the addition/deletion of the transaction amount's and also the amount change on existing transactions.
1. Create a forecast for a sales rep with transaction amount of 1000.00. The Override amount will be 1,000.00 and the Forecast amount will also be 1,000.00.
2. Create a transaction for the above rep for amount of 2,000.00 with Include in Forecast flag.
3. View the forecast again from step 1, the Override amount now will be still 1,000.00 and the Forecast amount will be 3,000.00.