There is no preference for the ability to send email alerts to Customers when a Sales Order is approved unlike for cancelled and fulfilled orders. However, a Saved Search can be used for this to be achieved. Please refer to the below steps:
1. Navigate to Lists > Search > Saved Searches > New.
2. Click on Transaction link.
3. Under Criteria tab > Standard sub tab, add the following filters:
Type= Sales Order
Main Line= True (Yes)
System Notes Fields… > Old Value = starts with Pending Approval
System Notes Fields… > New Value = starts with Pending Fulfillment
4. Under Results tab > Columns sub tab, add all needed fields but don't forget to add this field:
Email (This refers to the Customer's email)
5. Under Email tab, mark the Send Email Alerts When Records is Created/Updated checkbox.
6. Under Email tab > Recipient from Results sub tab, add 'Email' field and mark the Send on Update checkbox.
7. Under Email tab > Updated Fields sub tab, add this:
- Field = Document Status
When Old Value is… = Pending Approval
When New Value is… = Pending Fulfillment
8. Enter a Search Title.
9. Hit Save & Run and check the results.
Note: Users may create a custom message under Email tab > Customize Message sub tab.