Below are the steps to add an Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) section in a Profit and Loss report.
1. Navigate to Reports > Financial > Income Statement > Customize Summary.
2. On the Edit Layout Page, click on the Net Income Section.
3. Change the Formula Label from Net Income to EBITDA.
4. Locate the Add Row/Section Dropdown > Select Add Financial Section > On the pop-up, select Create New Section > OK.
5. Set the Header Label to EBITDA Adjustments.
6. Under Section tab > Filter by Account Name is any of' > CTRL + Select the names of the expense accounts (ITDA) > OK.
7. Locate the Add Row/Section Dropdown > Select Add Formula Row.
8. Set the Formula Label to Net Income.
9. Formula Section should look like this:
1st line :
Type = Row
Value = EBITDA
2nd Line :
Operator = +
Type = Row
Value = EBITDA Adjustments
10. Arrange the section layout. The Layout may look like this:
Cost of Sales
Net Ordinary Income/Expense
Total Other Income/Expense
EBITDA Adjustments (expense accounts)
11. Click on Save or Preview to view the result.
Post a Comment