This issue is due to incorrect setting of the web site. If a user adds a new field to the Sales Order used in web site, the user must have to reflect this in Sales Order - Cash Sale and Sales Order - Invoice that are used in the web site.
- This issue only happens to Non-Inventory items.
- Also, make sure that the item record has a class/department/location set.
To solve this issue:
I. Customize the Sales Order Form to include the Class/Department/Location field in the Form
1. Setup > Customization > Transaction Forms > edit/customize a sales order (cash sales) form
2. Click on Sublist Fields tab
3. Look for Class/Location/Department and check the Show check box
(Note: Take note of the name of the form)
5. Repeat Steps 1-4 for the Sales Order (Invoice)
II. Set the Forms to use in the web store
1. Setup > Site Builder > Set Up Web Site > edit the website
2. On the Setup tab, look for Scriptable Cart and Checkout and check the box
3. Look for drop down fields labeled Scripting Template (Credit Card) and Scripting Template (Invoice)
4. Select the forms that you have customized from Step I