User is creating an Email Template that will be used to send an email from a Customer Record. In the Email Template, the user wants to populate the name of the Sales Rep assigned to the Customer. User is using the NLSALESREP Tag to populate the name. However, since the preference Use Last Name First for Employees is enabled in Setup > Company > General Preferences, the name of the sales rep appears as Last Name first instead of First Name first. User wants to display the name of the sales rep as First Name first.
To achieve this, create a Custom Entity Field that would use a formula to display the name of the Sales Rep as First Name Last Name then use the Custom Field in the Email Template.
To create the Custom Field, perform the following steps:
1. Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Entity Fields > New.
2. Provide a Label.
3. Set Type to Free-Form Text.
4. Unmark Store Value.
5. In the Applies To tab, check Customer.
6. In the Display tab > Subtab, select Main. Set Display Type to Inline Text or Disabled.
7. In the Validation & Defaulting tab, set Default Value box to:
Formula = Checked
8. Click Save.