The Budgets that used the particular Budget Category should be deleted before successfully deleting a Budget Category.
A. Delete the budgets that make use of the Budget Category
1. Navigate to Transactions > Financial > Set Up Budgets > List
2. Set the following on the footer of the page:
Year = All
Category = the Budget Category that needs to be deleted
Department = All
Class = All
Location = All
3. Edit each budget
4. On the Edit Budget page, hover mouse over More Actions > click Delete
Note: Perform the same steps until all the related budget records are deleted.
B. Delete the Budget Category
1. Navigate to Setup > Accounting > Accounting Lists
2. Set Type, found at the footer of the page, to Budget Category
3. Click Edit on the Budget Category that needs to be deleted
4. On the Edit Budget Category page, hover mouse to More Actions > Delete
Note: Deleted Budgets or Budget Categories cannot be restored in the system.