If this error is thrown the followings should be checked:
- That the users role has the SuiteAnalytics Connect permission.
- Setup > Company > Enable Features > Analytics tab and check 'Analytics Connect'
- In the Settings portlet on your NetSuite home page, click Set Up SuiteAnalytics Connect.
- In the upper left corner, select your platform.
*Note If your platform is 64-bit, but you are planning to use a 32-bit application to get data from NetSuite, choose the 32-bit version of your platform, so you can install a 32-bit SuiteAnalytics Connect driver.
- Click the Download button next to the ODBC Driver.
- When the driver installation file is downloaded to your computer, double-click the file to run the driver installer.
- Follow the wizard's instructions to install or update the driver.
- Start > Run > odbcad32.exe
- For 32 bit driver edit the NetSuite DSN under User DSN and change the 'OpenAccess Service Host' to 'odbcserver.na1.netsuite.com' or 'odbcserver.netsuite.com' depending on the datacenter you are on.
- For 64 bit driver edit the NetSuite DSN under System DSN and change the 'OpenAccess Service Host' to 'odbcserver.na1.netsuite.com' or 'odbcserver.netsuite.com' depending on the datacenter you are on.
After setting this up the connection should be made successfully.