When recording ACH payments from customers, a user may encounter the "Invalid Account Reference Key XXX" error which may inhibit them from successfully processing such payments.
In an effort to resolve this error, please ensure the following:
Ensure that the correct account is selected for the ACH payment method. This account must always be used when processing ACH payments.
- Please navigate to Setup > Accounting > Accounting Lists
- Change the Type filter to "Payment Method"
- Click "Edit" next to the ACH payment method
- Please ensure the correct account is associated with ACH payments
Ensure the account associated with ACH payments is not inactive
- Please navigate to Setup > Accounting > Chart of Accounts
- Look for account associated with the ACH payment method
- Please ensure the account is not set to inactive. It must be an active account