Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a Sales Order for a Drop-Ship Item. Once the Sales Order is approved, NetSuite create a related Purchase Order.
2. Receive the items from the Purchase Order by going into Transactions > Purchase Orders/Vendors > Receive Orders > click on the Receive link in line with the Purchase Order.
3. Go back to the Sales Order created from Step 1 > click on Fulfill > check the Fulfill box for the Drop-Ship Item > This line cannot be marked shipped because the remaining quantity on a linked purchase order does not match remaining quantity on the sales order. Please update the order quantities to be the same in order to process this transaction.
Generally, we do not receive a Drop-Ship Item into the Inventory. Thus, the Item Receipt was not necessary. We could have instead click on the Mark Shipped button found in the Purchase Order which will show a new Item Fulfillment page for the same Sales Order.
To resolve the issue, we can do either of the following:
1. Delete the Item Receipt linked to the Purchase Order. Click on Mark Shipped button from the Purchase Order and fulfill from there.
2. Set the Accounting Preference for Drop Ship Fulfillment Quantity Validation = Allow unequal quantities which is found by going into Setup > Accounting > Accounting Preference > Order Management tab > Drop Shipment portlet.