Administrators can easily create a Message Search by navigating to Reports > Saved Searches > All Saved Searches > New > Message. This will display all messages in the system.
However, this search is not usable for any other roles for security reasons. It will display only outgoing emails for the currently logged user.
Alternate solution is to create the Saved Search for record to which messages are attached to (i.e. Customer), and then add criteria/results for the Message fields.
- Navigate to Reports > Saved Searches > All Saved Searches > New > Customer.
- Populate Search Title field.
- In Criteria subtab add this row:
- Messages : From Email > is not empty
(This will filter only those customer records which contain any message.)
- In Results subtab you can remove all the fields from the Customer record type and add some Message fields, for example:
- Messages : Date
- Messages : Author Email
- Messages : Subject
- Messages : Recipient Email
- Messages : Message
- Messages : Is Incoming
- Click Save & Run.
This will display all the emails from the specified record type under the condition that the currently logged user has permission to display them within the record itself.