- Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Item Fields > New.
- Provide the Label for a field; set Type = Rich Text.
- On the Applies To subtab mark the target item type(s).
- Click Save
- Navigate to Customization > Forms > Entry Forms > Edit/Customize the Preferred matrix item form.
- On the Fields subtab > Custom verify the custom field created in the step #4 is available.
- Click Save & Move Elements above the Name of the custom entry form.
- On the Fields subtab > Custom > mark the Select for the field and in the Subtab dropdown choose Matrix Items.
- Click Save.
Monday, May 20, 2019
Create a Custom Text Field on a Parent Matrix Item that can be Used to Display Messages Across All its Children Items
A user would like to add a custom field with different type than Multiple Selection to the Matrix section when creating Inventory Matrix Item. This is useful for making notes for parent matrix items as well as for child matrix items. Using guide below, a user is able to add a custom field of any type to the Matrix section.
on May 20, 2019