1. Navigate to Reports > New Search.
2. Select Customer as the type.
3. Click Create save search button.
4. Under Criteria Tab, Standard Subtab, set the filter:
-- On Credit Hold is Yes
5. Under Results Tab, Columns subtab, click on Remove all and add:
-- On Credit Hold
-- Credit Limit
-- Unbilled Orders
Note: You can add more fields that you want.
6. Go to the Email tab, mark Send Email Alerts When Records are Created/Updated.
7. Under the Email tab, Recipients from Results subtab, select Email in the Recipient Field dropdown.
8. Mark the box for Send on Update.
9. Go to the Email tab, Updated Fields subtab, open the dropdown for Field and select Credit Hold, on When New Value is... enter YES
10. Rename the search.
Save & and Run.
Note: You can also customize the message under the Email tab, Customize Message subtab.
If you do not want your customers to receive the email and the alert is to be used internally, then replace step # 7 with the following:
Under Email tab, Specific Recipients subtab, select the employee names to receive the email alert.