The user logged in using a custom role has the following settings but still gets the error: Permission Violation: You need the 'Custom Record Types' permission to access this page. Please contact your account administrator when editing or creating Entity Bank Details for entity records:
I. Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Record Types > Entity Bank Details
a. Access Type = Use Permission List
b. Permissions tab, the role has an access Level of at least Edit
II. Setup>Users/Roles>Manage Roles
a. Permissions tab > Custom Record subtab of the custom role has the Entity Bank Details = Full or Edit
The user role needs to be granted permission for Custom Record Types in its role settings. Here are the steps:
1. Login as an Administrator.
2. Navigate to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles.
3. Click Edit next to the custom role.
4. Navigate to Permissions tab > Setup subtab and add Custom Record Types.
5. Set the permission level to either Edit or Full.
6. Click Save button.