Note: This solution is only applicable if user only has 1 custom transaction body field. For Reference Checkout with more than 1 custom body field, please see SuiteAnswers Answer ID 46004.
- Custom Checkout folder is already populated with files copied from the Reference Checkout folder.
- Custom Checkout Touchpoint is deployed.
- A Transaction Body field has been created where Web Store = T and Store Value = T.
- Navigate to Documents > Files > File Cabinet > Web Site Hosting Files > Live Hosting Files > SSP Applications > NetSuite Inc. - Checkout > Custom Checkout > templates > order_wizard and edit order_wizard_showshipments_module.txt.
- Add the script below on the template before the closing section:
* custbody_message is the id of the transaction body field
Save. The custom transaction body (free-form text) field should display on the section above the Place Order button and below the Items list.
Take note of the id used (e.g.#custbody_message)
5. Navigate to Web Site Hosting Files > Live Hosting Files > SSP Applications > NetSuite Inc. - Checkout > Custom Checkout > js > src > app, and edit Configuration.js.
6. Find OrderWizard.Module.TermsAndConditions then add code inside the save function like below:
8. Navigate to Web Site Hosting Files > Live Hosting Files > SSP Applications > NetSuite Inc. - Checkout > Custom Checkout > services, and edit live-order.ss
9. Add code before the comment '// Finally Submits the order' :
11. Ensure that the Application.js file in Custom Checkout>js folder is updated
a. If it is not updated, edit the Application.js file and make no changes
b. Click on Save
This will trigger the update.
Though the custom_message value is not displayed in the json, it is still passed over to the Sales Order record.