User creates a payment record and applies it against an invoice but later on the payment becomes invalid.
To resolve, user needs to follow below steps:
I. Unapply the Payment from the Invoice record
1. Pull up the Payment record on edit mode.
2. Under Apply tab > Invoices sub tab, unmark the Apply box for the invoice it was applied to.
3. Hit Save button.
II. Reverse the GL Impact of the Payment record
1. Pull up the Payment record on view mode.
2. Hover over More Actions and click GL Impact.
3. Take note of the debit and credit entries.
4. Navigate to Transactions > Financial > Make Journal Entries.
5. Set a debit and credit account. Reverse the impact on step # 3. Associate the debit and credit entries to the Customer.
6. Hit Save.
III. Apply the Journal Entry against the Payment
1. Navigate to Transactions > Customers > Accept Customer Payment.
2. Set the Customer name.
3. Under Apply tab > Invoices sub tab, mark the journal entry created on Step II.
4. Under Apply tab > Credits sub tab, mark the payment record.
5. Hit Save to apply the records against each other.
The invoice in question is now open and the payment that was initially recorded will be reversed.