1. Customer has active Credit Card Processing Profile set up within NetSuite (e.g. CyberSource, Merchant E-Solutions, Payflow Pro).
2. When processing a credit card transaction, below error is encountered:
Unfortunately the credit card charge transaction failed.
Reason: The gateway you have select cannot perform the operation that you have requested
To resolve the error, users must perform these steps:
1. Navigate to Setup > Accounting > Payment Processing Profiles.
2. Edit the Credit Card Profile used on the credit card transaction.
3. In the Gateway Request Types section, make sure the appropriate transaction type is enabled. For example, Refunds must be enabled if the error is encountered when processing credit card refunds.