The Administrator can also set the preferred Lead/Prospect forms in Entry Forms page by navigating to
1. Customization > Forms > Entry Forms, and when customizing a custom role by navigating to.
2. Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles > Edit the custom role > Forms tab > Entity subtab.
So if the Administrator sets a preferred form to all three places, the question is which one takes precedence. Below is the order of precedence or hierarchy of the preferred Lead forms and preferred Prospect forms.
1. Preferred Lead/Prospect form setup under the Custom Role.
2. Preferred Lead/Prospect form setup under Sales Preference.
3. Preferred Customer/Lead/Prospect form setup under Entry Forms.
So if all three places have preferred Forms, (1) takes precedence followed by (2) then (3). If there is no preferred Form setup in the Custom Role, (2) takes precedence followed by (3). If there is no preferred Form setup in the Custom Role and Sales Preference, the preferred Form in Entry Forms is used.